Drug Information and Pharmacy Resource Center
The Drug Information and Pharmacy Resource Center (DIPRC) is a service that answers questions for health care professionals who take care of Shands patients, including referring physicians. The center’s primary goal is to improve the quality of patient care by answering drug-related questions. Questions may be related to:
- Drug availability
- Drug identification
- Drug therapy and efficacy
- Investigational drugs
- Side effects and adverse effects
- Drug dosage and administration
- Drug interactions
- Drug use during pregnancy and while breastfeeding
- IV compatibility and stability
- Alternative medications and natural products
Submit a Question
- You will need to enter a username and password to submit a question. The username and password will be different from what you were originally assigned. If you have used our service in the past, please enter your e-mail address here. Your new username and password will automatically be sent to you.
- If you have not used our service before or if you are having difficulty accessing your password, please complete the registration form.
- If you know your username and password, you may submit a question.
Priority of questions
We will do our best to answer your question within 24 hours. Please indicate the priority level of your question on your question form. We understand that all questions are important. However, our first priority is patient-specific questions. Our second priority is questions regarding general patient care. Other questions are further down on the priority list. Please let us know if you need an answer by a specific date.
- The DIPRC is a service that answers drug-related questions from any healthcare professional taking care of Shands’ patients. This includes referring physicians, who can call the DIPRC toll-free through the Consultation Center.
- To use DIPRC services, please complete the registration form.
- After submitting the form, you will receive an e-mail indicating your personal username and password. You will need these to access our services.
- For more information, please contact email@example.com.